Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. for our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice and Miss Payne
Our focus this term is: The Iron Man
We will be:
Reading the story of The Iron Man by Ted Hughes.
- Studying the language, plot and characterisation in the book and using these techniques to improve our own writing.
Finding out about forces and magnets in our science lessons.
Researching where metals come from and how metal things are made.
- We will be creating collages, making models and developing dances all using the Iron Man story as a stimulus.
Please could we have:
Any old nuts, bolts, screws (any small metal objects that are safe to handle) to use for our collages.
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistant: Miss Payne
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school
- PE is every Monday and Friday - please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their lesson