Mrs Williams and Miss Bolton are the class teachers for Red Maple, where Mr Senior is the teaching assistant. Mrs Williams teaches the class each Monday, Tuesday morning and Wednesday, with Miss Bolton teaching the class each Tuesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.
As Year 1 & 2 children are in the same class their work is carefully differentiated to allow for differences in age, experience and ability. Children in Red Maple build upon the foundations of learning they have developed in their early years and begin to apply their skills and knowledge to a more extensive range of situations.
The pupils in Year 2 are statutorily assessed in the summer, using national curriculum tasks and tests to support teacher assessment, and these results are reported to parents.
Mrs Williams, Miss Bolton and Mr Senior
Our focus for this term is: Food Glorious Food
This term we will:
Learn about food and farming
Learn parts of plants and conditions for growth
Explore the changes made to the use of local land
Please could we have:
- Any books, magazines or artefacts about Food
Class teacher: Mrs Williams and Mrs Bolton
Teaching assistant: Mr Senior
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods
- PE is every Tuesday and Thursday - please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their lesson
Termly Curriculum Newsletter