Beckley School Association
About the BSA
When your child is at Beckley then you are automatically a member of the Beckley School Association (BSA). The BSA has been an integral part of the school community for many years and in its time has raised many thousands of pounds which have been spent on equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education experience and the school’s facilities.
The BSA is about much more than just fundraising. It also provides closer links between home and school and brings staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school – all working towards a common goal. The BSA is fun too – just ask any of the committee members or helpers!
This year we have:
- Held a hugely successful School Fete in the summer
- Organised and paid for the whole school to visit Canterbury Cathedral
- Run film nights for the children every term
- Provided refreshments at several school events
- Subsidised various curriculum trips/activities
- Ortganised and run the Easter Fair
- Organised and run the Christmas Fair
- Bought a Christmas gift for each classroom to help support the children’s learning
- Paid for a visit from a theatre company to run workshops with each class
- Purchased classroom equipment for every class
- Funded the ‘Bike-ability’ cycling proficiency scheme for the Year 5 pupils