As a village school, we believe that it is really important to play an active part within the community we serve and so we take every opportunity to be involved in the life of the local area.
We have strong links with the local parish church – All Saints, Beckley. Whole school collective worship is taken every two weeks by our local vicar and the school visits the church for a range of learning opportunities, as well as holding our key celebrations there for Harvest, Christmas, Easter and our leavers service in the summer.
All Saints Church, Beckley
Beckley Parish Council
We are grateful to be part of a strong and vibrant village community. We passionately believe that we have an active role to play in serving the community and so the school has formed strong links with Beckley Parish Council. Through our links, we have been involved in supporting the monthly Farmers Market and last year, helped the local Speed Watch group as part of a national road safety campaign to promote safe driving in the village.
Beckley Parish Council kindly allow us to make use of land alongside the school which enables us to extend our outdoor learning area by providing a playing field for us to use.
Additional community links have included:
- Participation in events throughout the year run by the Beckley Horticultural Society
- Donating books to the Beckley Community Library scheme
- Donating a large playground climbing frame to the Parish Council for their new recreational ground
- The headteacher attending Parish Council meetings
- Supporting the Harvest Festival food donations from the local church to support homeless charities
- Participating in the annual Peasmarsh Chamber Music Festival
- Running a stall at the church summer fete
- Participating at the village Remembrance Day Memorial service each year
- A ‘Community News’ section in the bi-weekly school newsletter
- Working closely with the Parish Council to run a series of community events to celebrate the 200-year anniversary of the school
We are a collection point for the Rye Foodbank. The foodbank provides emergency food for families or individuals who are in crisis and are not able to provide food for themselves. As a school we believe that it is important to think of others in our community and support them when we can. During the school day, parents, pupils, staff and local residents can bring items from the foodbank list into the front entrance of the school, from where they are collected regularly and taken to the Rye Foodbank distribution point
Here is the foodbank list of food items: