Children in Red Maple build upon the foundations of learning they have developed in their early years and begin to apply their skills and knowledge to a more extensive range of situations.
The pupils in Year 2 are statutorily assessed in the summer, using national curriculum tasks and tests to support teacher assessment, and these results are reported to parents.
Mr Little and Mrs Williams
Our theme for Term 6 is:
"Can plants grow in space?"
Our Text is COMING SOON!
In this topic we will:
- Learn about space, the planets and the Solar System.
- Learn about the lives of astronauts, and research famous men and women involved in space travel and science.
- Create some fantastic Space Art.
- Continue our HeartSmart Journey - 'No Way Through Isn't True!'
Please follow this link to watch our Christmas Performance!
Check out our exquisite Safari Shoeboxes!
Class teacher: Mr Little
Teaching assistant: Mrs Williams
Individual Needs Assistant: Mr Bettley
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day.
- Every term a grid of homework tasks will be sent home for children to complete over the term. Children are encouraged to choose a minimum of 4 tasks (please feel free to complete more). Homework must be in by the Monday of the last week of term so we can share and celebrate.
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school.
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods.
- PE is every Friday, and EVERY OTHER THURSDAY (29th April, 13th May, 27th May). Please make sure children come to school wearing their full PE kit.