Children in Red Maple build upon the foundations of learning they have developed in their early years and begin to apply their skills and knowledge to a more extensive range of situations.
The pupils in Year 2 are statutorily assessed in the summer, using national curriculum tasks and tests to support teacher assessment, and these results are reported to parents.
Mr Little, Miss Piper and Mr Bettley
Our theme for Terms 3 and 4 is:
There And Back Again!
Part 1 - An Unexpected Journey
Why Do We Explore?
Our topic will include:
- Rich Texts - How to Find Gold by Viviane Schwarz
- Researching significant individuals in world history, specifically explorers such as Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong
- Learning about our great country of the United Kingdom, including capital cities, rivers and seas.
- Designing and creating a lunch box that would keep food dry on a journey to find treasure.
- Continuing our 'HeartSmart Journey' - Too Much Selfie Isn't Healthy!
Class teacher: Mr Little
Teaching assistant: Miss Piper
Individual Needs Assistant: Mr Bettley
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day.
- Every term a grid of homework tasks will be sent home for children to complete over the term. Children are encouraged to choose a minimum of 4 tasks (please feel free to complete more). Homework must be in by the Monday of the last week of term so we can share and celebrate.
- New spellings are given each Friday, with a test the following Friday.
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school.
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods.
- PE is now every Thursday - please make sure that your child has their full PE kit in school for every lesson.
Red Maple Homework Grid Term 3