Children in Red Maple build upon the foundations of learning they have developed in their early years and begin to apply their skills and knowledge to a more extensive range of situations.
The pupils in Year 2 are statutorily assessed in the summer, using national curriculum tasks and tests to support teacher assessment, and these results are reported to parents.
Mr Little and Mrs Williams
Our theme for Term 5 is:
A Pirate's Life For Me!
In this topic we will:
- Learn about piracy, find about some famous pirates, and what life was like on board ship!
- Learn about mapping, and create our own treasure maps.
- Learn about the seaside, past and present.
- Learn about plants and investigate how they grow best.
- Continue our HeartSmart Journey - "No Way Through Isn't True!"
Class teacher: Mr Little
Teaching assistant: Mrs Williams
Individual Needs Assistant: Mr Bettley
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day.
- Every term a grid of homework tasks will be sent home for children to complete over the term. Children are encouraged to choose a minimum of 4 tasks (please feel free to complete more). Homework must be in by the Monday of the last week of term so we can share and celebrate.
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school.
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods.
- PE is every Friday, and EVERY OTHER THURSDAY. Please make sure children come to school wearing their full PE kit.
Well Done to Year 2, who went to a Multi Skills tournament with some other local schools. They took part in a range of activities, and ended up in second place, including a team who completed every activity faster than any other school! A fantastic effort all round, and great ambassadors for representing Beckley school!
Another huge Well Done to Year 1, who also went to a Multi Skills tournament with some other local schools. One again they took part against 2 other local schools, ending up in First Place! For both Year 2 and Year 1, comments were made not just about their sporting ability, but also about their conduct and behaviour! Well done Red Maple, we are incredibly proud of you!