Miss Bolton is the class teacher in Acorns, supported by Mrs Williams. For children in early years education, there is an emphasis on learning through play and independent activities that run alongside. This is designed to develop the foundation skills that the children need in order to develop as successful learners. Therefore, equal relevance is given to the development of social and emotional skills, as well as phonics, writing and number development.
A typical day for the children in the Acorns class is made up of many different elements: speaking and listening, phonics, reading and writing activities, stories, poetry, art and craft, developing mathematical and scientific skills and knowledge, religious education, P.E. and music. These are usually organised around a particular theme (e.g. 'Weather' or 'Space' )which usually last about a term and incorporate all aspects of the curriculum.
The security offered by the firm yet happy setting of our Acorns class enables the children’s educational foundations to be established.
Thank you for all your support
Miss Bolton and Mrs Williams
Our focus for this term is:
Me, my family and other animals!
Class teacher: Miss Bolton
Teaching assistant: Mrs Williams
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day.
- Please make sure that your child has their coat or pac a mac with them in school everyday.
- This term a hat and gloves are a good idea, as we like to get out as much as possible.
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods.
- PE is every Thursday - please make sure that your child has their named PE kit in school for their lesson.