Miss Bolton is the class teacher in Acorns, supported by Mrs Williams. For children in early years education, there is an emphasis on learning through play and independent activity that goes alongside. This is designed to develop the foundational skills that the children will need in order to develop as successful learners. Therefore, children engage in activities that support the development of social and emotional skills, alongside their phonics, writing and number development.
A typical day for the children in the Acorns class is made up of many different elements: talking and listening, reading and writing activities, stories and poetry, art and craft , developing mathematical and scientific skills and knowledge, religious education, P.E. and music. These are usually organised around a particular theme (e.g. 'Weather' or 'Space' ). These themes usually last about a term and incorporate all aspects of the curriculum. The security offered by the firm yet happy setting of our Acorns class enables the children’s educational foundations to be established.
Thank you for all your support
Miss Bolton and Mrs Williams
Our focus for this term is:
Class teacher: Miss Bolton
Teaching assistant: Mrs Williams
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day.
- Please make sure that your child has their coat or pac a mac with them in school everyday.
- This term apply sun cream and make sure your child comes with a sun hat.
- Children need their wellington boots in school for any visits to our woods.
- PE is every Tuesday - please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their lesson.
The Acorns Gallery