Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. for our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice, Mrs Bettley and Mrs Griffiths
Our focus this term is: Lighthouses
We will be:
Reading stories set around lighthouses.
- Studying the language, plot and characterisation in the book and using these techniques to write our own adventure stories and poems.
Finding out about electricity in our science lessons.
Using maps and observations, to research facts about lighthouses in our coastal area.
- Looking at the Creation story in RE and exploring how it affects the ways Christians think about God.
- Going on our one-week residential trip to Rippledown, near Dover.
Please could we have:
all of the forms, permission slips and paperwork for Rippledown.
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistants: Mrs Bettley and Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day
- Please make sure that your child has their coat with them in school
- PE is every Monday and Thursday - please make sure that your child has their PE kit in school for their lesson