Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. For our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice and Mrs Griffiths
This term we are learning about The Stone Age.
We will be reading some fiction books to help us understand what life as like thousands of years ago.
Letters and General learning resources:
Home learning useful links:
- wwww.purplemash.com - children can login and explore resources to support all areas of the curriculum, complete tasks and play games
- www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning - use this link to watch the daily maths videos for your year group. Complete your workbook or download the worksheets from the Purplemash Work Folder.
- www.mathletics.com - children can login using their own usernames and passowrds and complete tasks set
- www.twinkl.co.uk - a huge collection of Powerpoints, worksheets,e-books and activities for all areas of the curriculum sign up for a free one months membership. Offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 - great for testing your mathematical recall
- https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/ebooks-audiobooks/ebooks/ - you can download ebooks for free from the liibrary service
- www.pobble365.com - a fantastic website that publishes a new image every day ss a stimulus for writing, with hints and exercises to get the creative juices flowing
- Joe Wicks is live streaming a daily PE lesson on YouTube if you can't be outside to get your exercise
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record after hearing them read. Children need to read at least three times a week at home.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home.
- Maths lessons and activities are now set on Mathematics.com.
- Please make sure that your child brings a warm coat, hat and gloves as the weather is getting colder.
- PE is on Friday afternoon, please make sure your child has indoor and outdoor PE uniform in school on that day,
- Blue Spruce also have PE every other Thursday afternoon. See newsletter for dates.
Hi everyone. This week's video is now available via the YouTube link below!
The Blue Spruce Gallery