Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. For our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice and Mrs Griffiths
Well done everyone for working so well at home for the last 4 months.
Now it's the summer holildays and time for play, rest and reading.
Check out my new lists of recommended reading for Blue Spruce:
Year 3 coming soon...
For some other ideas:
See you in September!
Letters and General learning resources:
Home learning useful links:
- wwww.purplemash.com - children can login and explore resources to support all areas of the curriculum, complete tasks and play games
- www.mymaths.co.uk - children can login using their usernames and paswwords to follow lessons and work on set tasks as well as browse all the learning lessons and tasks as practise
- www.mathletics.com - children can login using their own usernames and passowrds and complete tasks set
- www.twinkl.co.uk - a huge collection of Powerpoints, worksheets,e-books and activities for all areas of the curriculum sign up for a free one months membership. Offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 - great for testing your mathematical recall
- https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/ebooks-audiobooks/ebooks/ - you can download ebooks for free from the liibrary service
- www.pobble365.com - a fantastic website that publishes a new image every day ss a stimulus for writing, with hints and exercises to get the creative juices flowing
- Joe Wicks is live streaming a daily PE lesson on YouTube if you can't be outside to get your exercise
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day. Children need to read at least three times a week at home to earn their reading medal on Friday.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home.
- Maths lessons and activities are now set on MyMaths.co.uk and Mathematics.com.
- Please make sure that your child brings a warm coat, hat and gloves as the weather is getting colder.
- PE is on Tuesday afternoon, please make sure your child has indoor and outdoor PE kit in school on that day,
- Swimming lessons Term 5. Please make sure children are on time, have their swimming kit and a snack for when we get back to school (swimming makes the children very hungry!)
Hi everyone. This week's video is now available via the YouTube link below!
The Blue Spruce Gallery