Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. For our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice, Mrs Morley and Mrs Griffiths
This term we are learning about Ancient Greece and asking the question 'How have the Ancient Greeks influenced our lives today?' We will be finding out all about the Ancient Greek Civilisation and looking for evidence of it in modern society.
In English we will be studying poems about Greek myths and monsters selected from an anthology 'Falling Out of the Sky', writing our own poems and performing them to an audience.
In our science lessons we will be finding out about electricity and using our knowledge and skills to make a game. We will be investigating electrical conductors, drawing circuit diagrams and finding out how electricity is generated.
Letters and General learning resources:
Home learning useful links:
Should your child need to self isolate, work will be sent home but the websites below have lots of activities for children to do at home.
- wwww.purplemash.com - children can login and explore resources to support all areas of the curriculum, complete tasks and play games.
- www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning - use this link to watch the daily maths videos for your year group. Worksheets will be sent home to complete should you need them.
- www.mathletics.com - children can login using their own usernames and passwords and complete tasks set
- www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 - great for testing your mathematical recall
- https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/ebooks-audiobooks/ebooks/ - you can download ebooks for free from the library service
- www.pobble365.com - a fantastic website that publishes a new image every day as a stimulus for writing, with hints and exercises to get the creative juices flowing
Class teachers: Mrs Grice and Mrs Morley
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Book bags can now be brought in to school so children should bring their reading records every day.
- Please sign your child's reading record after hearing them read. Children need to read at least three times a week at home.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home.
- Water bottles and a fruit snack should be sent in with your child every day. Please remember to clearly label everything.
- Please make sure that your child brings a coat every day as the weather is changeable.
- PE is on Friday afternoon, children should come to school wearing their PE uniform on those days.
- Blue Spruce also have PE every other Thursday afternoon. See newsletter for dates.
The Blue Spruce Gallery