How Have the Ancient Greeks Influenced Our Lives Today?
This Term, we're travelling back in time to explore the Ancient Greeks. We'll be understanding the impact of Alexander the Great, how the Olympics started and the similarities and differences with todays modern games. We will be finding out who the gods and goddesses were and why were they so important to daily life in Ancient Greece.
In science this term, we have been learning about electricity. We have been building circuits, finding out about insulators and conductors and will be using this knowledge to create our very own working torches!
Do not hesitate to get in touch:
Home learning useful links:
www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning - use this link to watch the daily maths videos for your year group.
www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 - great for testing your mathematical recall
https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/ebooks-audiobooks/ebooks/ - you can download ebooks for free from the library service
www.pobble365.com - a fantastic website that publishes a new image every day as a stimulus for writing, with hints and exercises to get the creative juices flowing
Class teacher: Miss Diplock
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Reading records are to be in school every day. Please ensure your child is reading with an adult at least three times a week. Please ensure adults write a comment into your child's reading record when you have heard them read.
- Spelling homework will be given every Monday, following a spelling lesson. The children will have time, everyday, to practice their spellings at school but please do read the words through with your children ensuring they understand the meaning and how to use them.
- Class spellings can be found here: Week 2 ey said a
- Year 1 and 2 common exception words can be found here: Common-Exception-Words-Years-1-and-2
- Science: Year 4 Electricity Knowledge Organiser
- History: t-h-474-history-knowledge-organiser-ancient-greece-ks2_ver_9
- Computing: Year 4 Knowledge Organiser - Unit 4.2
- Art/DT: KO-DT-Y4-Electrical-Torches-WEB
- Year 3 maths: Year 3 Number and Place Value Maths Knowledge Organiser
- Year 4 maths: Year 4 Number and Place Value Maths Knowledge Organiser
The Blue Spruce Gallery
Blue Spruce had a fantastic time at Smuggler's Adventure in Hastings. Although it was quite scary to start with, our eyes adjusted to the gloom and we learnt about how smugglers used crafty ways to bring contraband into England. We were even lucky enough to eat our lunch on the beach and have a ride on the West Hill Lifts.
When learning about the Earth, we used plasticine to mould the different layers from the inner core all the way to the crust.
Here we are making the decoration for our recycled drums. We used a wax-resistant technique and some action painting to create our finished designs:
Our author visit from Thomas Taylor, who illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and is the author of The Eeerie-on-sea series.
Little Gate Farm - decorating their Christmas tree with our hand made ornaments.