Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. For our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice and Mrs Griffiths
Our focus this term is: Living Things and their Habitats
We will be:
Identifying the key features of instructions and writing our own
- Investigating small mammals in a woodland habitat
- Creating fact files and writing more detailed reports about animals
- Painting landscapes using water colours
- Using and creating branching databases to classify animals and plants
- Comparing our village of Beckley with the village of Ringwould in Kent using human and physical geographical features
Please could we have:
any books on habitats and the seashore
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day. Children need to read at least three times a week at home to earn their reading medal on Friday.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home.
- Maths lessons and activities are now set on MyMaths.co.uk and Mathematics.com.
- Please make sure that your child brings a warm coat, hat and gloves as the weather is getting colder.
- PE is on Tuesday afternoon, please make sure your child has indoor and outdoor PE kit in school on that day,
- Swimming lessons Term 5. Please make sure children are on time, have their swimming kit and a snack for when we get back to school (swimming makes the children very hungry!)