Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. For our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice and Mrs Griffiths
Please check emails from Mrs Grice and this website for updates:
Please complete one lesson per day for your year group on the White Rose Home Learning page (see link below).
During the 2 week Easter holidays please take a break from White Rose lessons.
Be ready to start week 3 on Monday 20th April.
MyMaths and Matheletics tasks can be done to supplement this daily lesson.
Practise timestables frequently, 'Beat the Clock' tests will resume in term 5.
Home learning useful links:
- www.mymaths.co.uk - children can login using their usernames and paswwords to follow lessons and work on set tasks as well as browse all the learning lessons and tasks as practise
- www.mathletics.com - children can login using their own usernames and passowrds and complete tasks set
- www.purplemash.com - children can login and explore resources to support all areas of the curriculum, complete tasks and play games
- www.twinkl.co.uk - a huge collection of Powerpoints, worksheets,e-books and activities for all areas of the curriculum sign up for a free one months membership. Offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10 - great for testing your mathematical recall
- https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/ebooks-audiobooks/ebooks/ - you can download ebooks for free from the liibrary service
- www.pobble365.com - a fantastic website that publishes a new image every day ss a stimulus for writing, with hints and exercises to get the creative juices flowing
- Joe Wicks is live streaming a daily PE lesson on YouTube if you can't be outside to get your exercise
Letters and General learning resources:
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistant: Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day. Children need to read at least three times a week at home to earn their reading medal on Friday.
- Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home.
- Maths lessons and activities are now set on MyMaths.co.uk and Mathematics.com.
- Please make sure that your child brings a warm coat, hat and gloves as the weather is getting colder.
- PE is on Tuesday afternoon, please make sure your child has indoor and outdoor PE kit in school on that day,
- Swimming lessons Term 5. Please make sure children are on time, have their swimming kit and a snack for when we get back to school (swimming makes the children very hungry!)
Hi everyone. This week's video is now available via the YouTube link below!
The Blue Spruce Gallery