Our Year 3 and 4 children make up the Blue Spruce class. for our Year 3 pupils, this is an important time as they move into Key Stage 2. In Blue Spruce, children begin to take more responsibility for their learning and develop a greater sense of independence.
Mrs Grice, Mrs Bettley and Mrs Griffiths
Our focus this term is: Smuggling in our local area
Reading mystery and adventure stories about smugglers
- Using maps, artefacts and secondary sources, to research the history of smuggling in our local area.
- Learning how to sew and making smugglers purses.
- Visiting Rye and The Smugglers Caves in Hastings to support our learning.
Finding out about humans and other animals in our science lessons.
- In RE we will be finding out about Jesus's followers and what it means to be a Christian
Please could we have:
any smuggling books or artefacts
Class teacher: Mrs Grice
Teaching assistants: Mrs Bettley and Mrs Griffiths
- Please sign your child's reading record every evening, after hearing them read and put it in their book bag every day
- Please make sure that your child brings a coat, hat and is wearing sun-cream if the weather is sunny.
- PE is on Thursday morning, please make sure your child has indoor and outdoor PE kit in school on that day
- Swimming lessons on Tuesday mornings for Term 5. Please make sure children are on time, have their swimming kit and a snack for when we get back to school (swimming makes the children very hungry!)